I spoke to a prominent individual in the Alpha1 community for a short time this morning. I realized I need to be more aware of privacy issues. I simply don't get into it when it pertains to me because too often things I've said or done have been misconstrued which I have then had to spend time straightening out. I live in a small town rife with gossips. Of all the things ones reputation is the most important.
Other realizations have occured as well. I've been really bored and I tend to be posting a lot of nothin' so, I've decided when I get back from my visit to Mayo instead of going to the cabin for a couple days I'm going to sequester myself there for about 5 days. I would make it 6 but, I have to be back for an infusion.
Some previous posts on my blog will be either deleted or edit(if I can figure that out).
The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1
- Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
- Learn To Breathe Effectively
- Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
- Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
- Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
- Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
- Drink Plenty Of Water
- Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
- Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
- Stop Smoking