The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1

  • Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
  • Learn To Breathe Effectively
  • Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
  • Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
  • Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
  • Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
  • Drink Plenty Of Water
  • Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
  • Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
  • Stop Smoking

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

It's heating up in the Northwoods!

Thankfully, not too bad!! We're only in the high 80's. By the weekend I know somebody who's going to load up her truck and head for the woods. It's usually about 10 degrees cooler down at the cabin vs. here at the farm. I have no AC in the house.

Last night I felt a round lump where the breast reconstruction area. It was pretty tender and I became concerned. I called to speak to Missy again at Mayo. They were in surgery today. I stopped by a nurses house in town in the mean time and she wasn't particularly familiar with breast expension implants but, she said she thought I shouldn't be too concerned. Missy called back and said it was likely the magnet in the middle had shift(but, of course she could say for sure without seeing me). She reiterated several times don't get uptight about it or you will make matters worse. She also said this wasn't a pain free procedure(breast implant expansion). I can hear the groans out there!! You're thinking..."You're going to tell Kate to relax...what a joke!" I'm trying to not get uptight I promise!

I am very much looking forward to Friday. Thinking good thoughts. Utmost is that the drain is going to come out!!

No comments: