Colds at anytime when you are a symtomatic ZZ are never welcome. During summer I think they are less welcome. They are so hard to get over for anyone during summer. I think I might have one....I feel under the weather but, I am hoping it's just because of the cold and humidity. We had much needed rain yesterday. My lungs feel somewhat tight. You would think since I infused Friday at noon I would be immune to a cold. Grr!! Time will tell pollen in the air doesn't help either!
Exercise...well, that's what I'm about to go do at OST. Even when you are sick you should exercise BUT, be careful. Don't over do it!! If your lungs are congested sometimes exercise helps loosen up mucus to help bring it up out of the lungs but, so does an accapella valve(flutter valve).
The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1
- Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
- Learn To Breathe Effectively
- Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
- Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
- Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
- Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
- Drink Plenty Of Water
- Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
- Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
- Stop Smoking