The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1

  • Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
  • Learn To Breathe Effectively
  • Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
  • Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
  • Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
  • Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
  • Drink Plenty Of Water
  • Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
  • Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
  • Stop Smoking

Monday, June 29, 2009

Klondike Monster...

....Actually Klondike hill. Is thee single most nastiest hill I have ever seen!! I think it could make me cry before I even got half way up one side!

I said I wouldn't post but, I had a bad nights sleep last night so, I took it easy tonight. It got real humid during the middle of the night and I woke up with difficulty breathing.

Anyway....Klondike Hill....I had never been able to find over off of hwy 48 by Rice Lake. I had my friend Steiner give me a ride over to pick up my truck. Along the way I talked about training for the Dairyland Dare. He said when he drove gas truck "We were told we weren't to go down Klondike Hill.". He then offered to show me where it was over off of 19th street by Bargain Bills. It's over a mile long. We figured there was a 4 mile square I could hill train on. I had discovered a hill I thought would be good to train on Sunday over by Canton on 23rd st. I may just have a fighting chance at having what it takes to complete the DD metric century!



Exhibit # 1

Exhibit #2

Nuff Said!!

No comments: