The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1

  • Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
  • Learn To Breathe Effectively
  • Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
  • Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
  • Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
  • Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
  • Drink Plenty Of Water
  • Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
  • Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
  • Stop Smoking

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

F.A.Q. Oxygen & Road ID

Oxygen effects my memory or the lack of it affects all alphas. I still have a high oxygenation level but, my ability to remeber is not what it used to be. I've read and heard how our lower oxygen level effects our ability to remember things. There was recently an article in Newsweek magazine about how exercise has an effect on not only our mental attitude but, also our ability to remember things. Did I pick a copy up....you betcha!! So, you fellow alphas get out there and EXERCISE!!

Road ID I'm sure most of you out there have never heard of it. Just think of it as a sporty medic alert bracelet. I encourage everyone of you, if you are active or exercise in anyway, to get one!! I plan to order one in the next day or so. I myself don't want to have any loud type of medic alert bracelet. I want one that blends in with my attire but, is still Very Much noticeable when sought by another when I am unconcious or near unconcious. When I don't have such an overfull plate so to speak, I plan to put a link to Road ID on my blog. I've got to gets some codes inplace in order to get things better linked up to the www.

I told my high school class secretary I would have those in place by April 15th, 2007..... Now, I have to stand and deliver!!

No comments: