The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1

  • Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
  • Learn To Breathe Effectively
  • Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
  • Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
  • Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
  • Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
  • Drink Plenty Of Water
  • Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
  • Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
  • Stop Smoking

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

If Wishes Were Fishes...We'd All Have A Fry

That's a saying my Mom used to tell me a lot when I was a kid. I can sure relate to it today!

I got up and realised that signing up for the 55 mile Qaudrupedal May 6th was insanity. I am definitely going to see what I can do to get into the 37 mile Quadrupedal!

Also, while going to work they were advertising about the line-up this year for Rock Fest. It's not an event I would normally attend but, the line-up sounded soooo good!!! Grand Funk Railroad, Uncle Kracker, Chicago, Three Doors Down and Collective Soul. I dearly love live music! To me...there's nothing quite like it but, I am limited as to what live music I can go see due to the fact I have been having asthmatic reactions occasionally to cigarette smoke in the last six months. Then I thought about the date and wondered....is that the same weekend as the Scenic Shore 150???

I got home tonight and the near first thing I did was dial up the internet to check dates. What a bummer! They fall on the same weekend. I definitely wish I could attend Rock Fest for a change but, Scenic Shore 150 over rules!!

The down side of alpha1 is you realise how precious everything is. I choose the Scenic Shore 150 because I don't know for sure whether next year I won't be able to physically do the ride. You learn to no longer put off till tomorrow what you can do today. If the cost/fees are difficult to come up with you either re-allocate or do without in order to achieve what you would put off till tomorrow. Besides, honoring Noreen can only be appropriately honored this year!

Just so you know...I will be putting $50 towards the $250 minnimum pledge needed to participate in the Scenic Shore 150(leukemia/lymphoma ride). If you would like to help me achieve the minnimum...,you can go to active.com to donate a pledge...just give me a few days to enter the Scenic Shore 150! I'm waiting for my internet cc(I have a low spending limit) payment to go through in the next day or two. I maxed it out with Dairyland Dare, Dairyland Dare bike jersey, Qaudrupedal and soon a Road ID. I have a seperate credit card for everything else. I then can sign up for the Scenic Shore 150.

No comments: